We Celebrated 30 Years of Service and We’ve Broken Ground on Our New Home!
We will post our good news and progress here so our friends can stay informed.
Update, September 2022
We have begun the installation of the water infrastructure for our 5-acre tract on Heimer Cove. We have also submitted our plat application to the City of Bulverde for approval! We’re so excited to see REAL progress being made toward our new home! Fingers crossed that we will see our new facility completed by the end of 2023!
Founded on May 9, 1991, we celebrated our 30th Anniversary with a brunch and ground breaking on May 8, 2021.
The 2021 Board of Directors and Staff had the honor of shoveling the first scoops of dirt.
They were then joined by former Board members who have served the ministry over the years.
Our Sponsors & Benefactors
We are blessed to have the support of so many in our community!
Please visit our “Gratitude in the Attitude” page to see who is helping us make our dreams of a new home a reality. We would love to add your name to our Gratitude lists!
We are building a new facility that will serve our ministry and mission for years to come. Our facility design features include a large, well-planned shopping area for generous and efficient service for our clients, a spacious warehouse, ample dry storage, a demonstration kitchen, and state-of-the-art walk-in cold storage. Our clients will enjoy a private intake office that respects their privacy, and a tech resource center for employment or educational purposes. We will have a multipurpose room that will serve as a meeting room, classroom, or additional services room when needed, and we will (finally) have two ADA compliant restroom facilities.
Early estimates for the cost of this facility is in the range of about $1,000,000, with many variables still to be determined. We are in the process of developing all of the necessary spec sheets required to go out for bids from builders, which should happen soon.
How Will We Finance This Project?
- Seed funding from our existing Building Fund
- Fundraise through this Capital Campaign
- Revenue from the sale of the remaining 3.5 acres adjacent to our building site
- Traditional bank financing (if needed)
Our hope and goal is to finish this building project debt free.
How Can You Help?
We can’t do this without friends who know how important it is to have a home that will see us well into the future and keep our ministry serving in this community for years to come.
We have kicked off a 2-year Capital Campaign with a goal of raising $500,000 in a combination of cash funds and grants. We’re off to a good start, but we need to keep the momentum going.
There are four ways we are asking our friends to help in this endeavor:
- Give. A gift of ANY size is greatly appreciated and will be used in this effort to build our new home. Throughout the years, Provisions has practiced exemplary fiscal responsibility and stewardship of our donors’ gifts, while successfully and generously providing for our clients’ needs. We now take on this project with the utmost care in our financial planning, with the primary concern being for the long-term sustainability of our mission to care for our neighbors n need.
- Fundraise on our behalf. There are many ideas for doing this, and can be done as simply or elaborately as you care to do!
- Advocate for our ministry and mission. Share our mission, goals, and needs with others who may want to contribute. Ask them for their support. Keep Provisions in the conversation often; remember to mention us to your friends, family, church, and professional peers.
- Pray for the Cause. If you feel led to support our efforts through prayer, we’d welcome your prayers. Pray that God blesses our efforts to care for the needy in our community. We learn in Philippians 4:6: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” We are presenting our requests to God that He blesses our efforts, and we’d love for you to join with us in prayer.