We are able to assist individuals and families who are struggling to meet the basic needs of day-to-day living because of the generosity of those who share our mission. If you can help, there are many ways to help, including:
- Donate Money – Monetary donations are the #1 most helpful! If you can share your financial resources, make a financial donation and allow us to use those funds to purchase food and other provisions for those in need in our community. You can provide your donation to any of our board members, drop it by the office in Bulverde, or mail it to us. Or, you can make an immediate donation by clicking on the “Donate” button on the home page of this website. Each $1 donated equals $7 in purchasing power through our partner The San Antonio Food Bank.
- Donate Food & Toiletries – If you have food or toiletries that you would like to donate, we’d be happy to take what you have and distribute it to those in need. Here’s a list of our most needed items. Food and toiletries items can be dropped off at our warehouse in downtown Bulverde at 2295-1 Bulverde Road (behind Vine in the Village) during our hours of operation: Tuesdays, 10 to 6, and Wednesdays & Thursdays, 9 to 3.
Please, we ask that you do NOT leave any donations on our doorstep when we are closed. Food donations that are left unattended at our door are subject to the elements and may also attract pests. Any food that is left when we are closed will have to be discarded–and you know that we do NOT like to waste food, so we ask that you abide by this simple guideline. If you have a donation but cannot get to us during our normal hours of operation, please call us to make arrangements for someone to be here to receive your donated items.
Please note that we do not accept donations of clothing, household items, or other soft goods. We encourage donors to take those items to our sister organization, the Bulverde Thrift Store.
If you have a donation of canned / dry goods for us and are out-and-about in the community, you may drop your donations in one of our blue bins located at the following businesses during their hours of operation:
H-E-B Plus, 20725 TX-46, Spring Branch, TX 78070 (the donation bin is in the front of the store near the self-checkout and floral department)
Bulverde Thrift Store, 20475 State Highway 46 W, Bulverde, Texas 78070
- Shop our Amazon Wish List! – This is a super easy way to purchase items for us–the list includes what we need, and it gets delivered directly to us!
Click HERE for the link!
- Host a Food Drive – If you have a location you believe would be great for a food drive, let us know by calling us or clicking on the Contact Us button. We can help you get started!
- Sponsor an Event – If you would like visibility for your organization, sponsor an event hosted by Provisions. Whether you sponsor an event like our annual Holiday Hunger Run/Walk 5K or host an event of your own as a benefit for Provisions (such as a chili cook off, raffle, or concert), we’d love to work with you to help raise awareness and bring the community together to help those in need. CLICK HERE FOR THE SPONSOR FORM!
- Volunteer Time – If you would like to provide your time and/or talent to Provisions, we’d love to have you. Like all non-profit organizations, we survive because of the generosity of so many people who give of their time and talent, and we can certainly use you for our annual events and weekly needs. Please visit the Volunteering at Provisions page by clicking HERE.
- Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/provisions.outreach. Then share it with all your friends, family, neighbors, and acquaintances.
- Donate and Shop at the Bulverde Thrift Store – The Bulverde Thrift Store is our sister organization and helps support our cause. If you have items to donate or simply want to shop for bargains, the thrift store is located at 20475 Hwy 46 W., Suite 220, Spring Branch, TX 78070. (In the Planet Fitness shopping plaza at Bulverde Crossing).
- Donate an item that we can raffle to raise funds. (Television, Computer, Vehicle, Vacation Package, Cruise, SPURS tickets, etc.).
Pray for the Cause – If you feel led to support our efforts through prayer, we’d welcome your prayers. Pray that God blesses our efforts to care for the needy in our community. We learn in Philippians 4:6: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” We are presenting our requests to God that He blesses our efforts, and we’d love for you to join with us in prayer.